The Vision Driven Leader with Michael Hyatt
If you want to run a business, create products, or just be a person that impacts and serves others, you have to start with a vision.
I am so excited to welcome back, THE Michael Hyatt, Inside the Greenroom!
There are very few people who have impacted my life as much as he has. From business, family, productivity, and more, Michael has helped me grow in many areas of my life.
I am not kidding when I say I have consumed almost every bit of content he has ever put out.
One of Michael Hyatt’s biggest strengths is creating and casting a powerful vision. This skill is what he used to rise above an economic crisis and brought himself, his team, and company out of uncertainty and into prosperity.
Hearing Michael’s story just blows me away. In today’s conversation, we go in-depth about the key topics of his new book “The Vision Driven Leader.” This podcast and book will help you craft and deploy a vision that not only serves you and your dreams but your entire team.
“If your dream doesn’t involve a team, your dream is too small.” – Michael Hyatt
More About Michael:
Michael Hyatt is the Chief Executive Officer and founder of Michael Hyatt & Company. He has scaled multiple companies over the years, including a $250M publishing company with 700+ employees and his own leadership development company that has grown over 60% year over year for the past 4 years. Under his leadership, Michael Hyatt & Company has been featured in the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for three years in a row. He is also the author of several New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling books, including Platform, Living Forward, Your Best Year Ever, and Free to Focus. He enjoys The Double Win with his wife of 40+ years, five daughters, and nine grandchildren.
Here’s what we cover:
- Michael tells his story of how he became CEO of a Publishing Company
- Pushing through doubt and climbing an insurmountable mountain
- Fighting for your vision, and how to deal with Resistance
- How to keep going when you want to quit
- Stopping disengagement in your company and create momentum in your company
- Being able to stay committed to your plan even in crisis
- The difference between leaders and managers
- How to create an organization that outlasts you
- Learn to filter what is a distraction from what is an opportunity
- Real-Life examples of what a successful business vision looks like
- Keys that allow you to become a great visionary leader
- What 4 key areas to build your vision around
- How not to spread your focus and resources to thin
- Grow your business AND win back time
- De-mystifying that double-edged word “Visionary”
- Knowledge on how to guide your business through difficult times
- Find the “Double-win” with both Family and Business
- And Much More!
Get The Vision-Driven Leader Book:
“The Vision-Driven Leader’ is a step-by-step guide for leaders to craft, cast and capitalize on their compelling vision”
Connect with us:
Connect With Michael:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 2:12 Welcome Michael inside the greenroom
- 2:44 Overview of Michael’s new book
- 10:02 A quick hack to gain clarity and organize your thoughts
- 12:55 What gets you through the opposition
- 19:24 How to be a great visionary leader
- 24:57 What you can learn from Steve Jobs
- 27:07 What does vision really mean?
- 30:20 Why your team is the most important thing
- 33:22 Distractions vs. opportunity
- 39:22 Make vision casting apart of your culture
- 43:33 Michael’s advice to those who have a difficult decision to make