Social Media Marketing World Revealed: Memorable Moments, Revenue Streams, and Winning the Stage with Phil Mershon
Welcome, Phil Mershon, the Director of Events for Social Media Examiner, inside the Greenroom! Phil Mershon leads Social Media Marketing World plus several online training events. Bringing a focus on transformational experiences and customer service, Phil has been leading events for churches, non-profits, and corporations for the last 30 years.
In this episode, Phil shares what it takes to run such an incredible event and the art of creating memorable moments. Experience is paramount – but so is revenue (events are expensive!) Phil and I dive into how to create more revenue streams at your event.Want to be a speaker at Social Media Marketing World or a similar event? Then don’t miss this inside scoop! Phil shares what his vetting process looks like and the type of messaging he looks for.
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 2:45 Welcome, Phil inside the greenroom!
- 4:22 How Social Media Marketing World began
- 7:07 Avoiding burn out after your event
- 7:32 The power of a C.M.P.
- 16:21 Keeping audience leaning in
- 17:07 Creating powerful moments
- 21:35 Lessons you can learn from Phil
- 23:10 The revenue streams of S.M.M.W.
- 28:56 How many stages you can win
- 31:21 How to win Social Media Marketing World's stage
- 40:27 One of the greatest secret weapons for speakers
- 47:30 The speaker who has impacted Phil the most
- 48:50 Phil's favorite up-and-comers
- 49:37 How live events are so important
- 51:50 Phi's most powerful moment inside a green room
- 53:28 Phil's advice to speakers
- 54:39 My biggest takeaways
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!