Sean Cannell: How to Leverage YouTube To Grow Your Influence Fast
We believe that learning from the experts is the fastest way to accelerate and grow your brand. Welcome, Inside the Greenroom, YouTube Expert Sean Cannell.
According to the “ten-thousand-hour rule” Sean is clearly an expert not only in name but in action. He has put in over 30,000 hours of work behind the scenes and in front of the camera becoming one of the greatest industry leaders in the YouTube space.
If you have been around Inside The Greenroom for any amount of time, you know we are big on leveraging digital stages. In this interview, I discovered (probably like many of you will) that I have been missing out on YouTube!
Sean will literally give you the playbook and strategies he has used to gain over one million organic subscribers.
If you apply Sean’s wisdom in this episode, you will grow your influence faster and maximize your event attendance.
Speakers will learn:
- How YouTube increases your brand
- How to position yourself to be a thought leader
- How weekly content will increase your influence
- How to build a portfolio of content to get more stages
- How to increase your value ladder
Meeting planners will learn:
- How adding value through YouTube will organically fill seats
- What works better than a promo video
- How to leverage last year’s content for promos in the future
- One blind spot most meeting planners have and how you can move past it
- How to create an event speakers want to come back to
More of What We Cover:
- The advantage YouTube has over other platforms
- The average number of times someone needs to be exposed to your message to make a purchasing decision, debunking the Law or 7 Marketing Rule.
- How to create free evergreen content to build trust with your target audience
- How to add value to your target audience year-round
- Ideas on how you can repurpose existing content
- Time-saving tips on creating weekly content
- And much more!
P.S. don’t miss the next episode when Sean helps me build our YouTube channel from scratch!
PSS: Check out the Viral Video Checklist from Sean: ViralVideoChecklist.com
Connect with us:
Connect With Sean:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 2:57 Sean’s background
- 5:45 The case for YouTube
- 10:11 Three tips for using YouTube more powerfully
- 18:34 Does the law of seven still apply?
- 24:45 Why most people avoid YouTube
- 30:21 How to get eyeballs on your content
- 37:04 The Marie Forleo strategy
- 39:51 Sean’s advice to speakers
- 44:24 Sneak peek into part two with Sean Cannell
- 47:02 Who has impacted Sean to most from stage
- 47:33 Sean’s favorite up and coming speakers
- 48:34 Why in-person events are still important
- 50:47 Seans favorite moment inside a greenroom
- 52:59 Rapped fire advice for event host
- 56:08 My biggest takeaways
More About Sean:
Sean Cannell is a best selling author, YouTuber, international speaker, and business coach who built a seven-figure media company helping entrepreneurs and creatives build their influence and income with online video.
Sean’s YouTube channels have over one million subscribers, his videos have been viewed over 100 million times and he has been featured as one of the “20 Must Watch YouTube Channels That Will Change Your Business” by Forbes.
Sean and his team are on a mission to help 10,000 people quit their day jobs to do what they love. He is passionate about giving tactical, practical advice to use video to spread your message.
Sean is from Arlington Washington and currently lives in Las Vegas NV with his wife Sonja and their two dogs, Rosie and Sophie.