Roland Frasier: How we sold our event, and how you can too
Welcome Roland Frasier, the Co-Founder of Digital Marketer, inside the Greenroom! He is co-founder and/or principal of three of Inc. Magazine’s fastest-growing companies, and he has founded, scaled, or sold 24 different 7 to 9 figure businesses. He currently advises over 150 companies on digitally-centric customer acquisition, activation, referral, retention, revenue strategies, and implementation.
In this episode, we discuss the power of scaling your business and how to build a company you can one day sell. We also discuss the power of offline events, and how to create your events so that they become an asset. As people become more and more disconnected from others by the digital world, they start to crave the element of human connection. Thus, Roland explains how the H2H (Human to Human) method is a far more powerful method of marketing communication than B2B. Meeting Planners, listen up as Roland unveils some of the biggest game-changers on how they grew from a couple of hundred attendees to 50x that in 5 years.
Insider tips on how to get hired as a speaker! Roland is a meeting planner for his own events and is always looking for new speakers. He’s hired speakers from Advance Your Reach, and he recommends our students to other meeting planners. Learn the best practices to win one of Roland’s amazing stages!
- How to create an event that is an asset, that you can one day sell
- Are you going to build an asset, or are you going to grab the cash?
- How to build Brands & Assets
- Cater your presentations to your audience, small tweaks go a long way!
- Choosing your event Location: Go to the environment that has the people you want to work with
- Non-sellable to a sellable asset model
- How to grow your event from hundreds to multiple thousands!
- Who are the stakeholders in your events? (Vendors, Sponsors, speakers, customers)
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 2:12 Welcome, Roland inside the greenroom!
- 3:14 Roland's first event
- 6:36 When Roland teamed up with Digital Marketer
- 10:35 When Roland sold Marketing Conversion Summit
- 15:09 How T.A.C.S went from non-sellable to sellable
- 15:36 What booking a celebrity can do for your event
- 20:32 Budgeting for production
- 23:50 Having sponsors pay for the event
- 25:21 The profit centers at T.A.C.S
- 29:14 The power of a topic-driven event
- 30:29 The brilliance in operations at Roland's event
- 34:42 The one thing that helped grow T.A.C.S
- 38:22 Making your event live without you
- 41:40 Determining your event multiplier
- 46:12 How speakers can help events win
- 49:24 How to make money at an event went you aren't allowed to sell on stage
- 52:52 Speed round with Roland
- 53:12 The speakers who have impacted Roland
- 54:37 Roland's favorite up and comers
- 57:34 Roland's best moment inside a greenroom
- 1:03:48 My Biggest takeaways
Connect with Roland:
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!