Nick James: How to Win International Stages
Greenroom goes Global
Coming to you from London at Expert Empire with Nick James
Welcome Nick James, the host of Experts Empire, inside the Greenroom! Today’s episode is another “Greenroom on the Road” and our FIRST international Greenroom! There are stages all over the globe – and Nick and I are coming to you from London at his event, Expert Empires.
Nick James has sold tens of thousands of tickets and generated millions of dollars in sales. He’s recruited top speakers such as Gary Vaynerchuk, Grant Cardone, David Goggins, Ryan Deiss, and Chalene Johnson. Today he shares how he’s done it – PLUS the advice he got from Gary Vaynerchuk that led to a BIG change in how he runs his events (a must listen for anyone who plans events!).
If you want to expand your stages from stateside to international trips – THIS is the episode to listen to. We share what it takes to land international stages and the process Nick goes through to select speakers from different countries.
Inside the episode find out how YOU can get an all-expense-paid trip to join us inside the Greenroom LIVE.
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 2:35 Welcome Nick
- 3:20 How Nick grew up at events
- 7:07 Learning from the greats
- 9:12 How Nick makes his events stand out
- 17:00 What you can learn from Nicks mistakes
- 18:34 How to create your luck
- 18:45 How one hour with Gary Vee changed Nicks life
- 23:11 The Difference between the UK and American stage
- 26:28 What makes a good speaker
- 28:10 What Nick looks for in speakers
- 34:27 Why Nick started Expert Empire
- 35:07 The speakers who have impacted Nick the most
- 36:23 Nick's favorite up-and-comers
- 37:06 Why Nick thinks live events are still important
- 39:83 Nick's final advice to speakers
- 41:25 My biggest takeaways
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!