Michael Hyatt: How I overcame stage fright (and how you can too)
Welcome one of my mentors, Michael Hyatt, inside the Greenroom! In this episode, we discuss how to overcome the fear of speaking, avoid the “road warrior” trap, and how to host a world-class live event.
Earlier in my career, I attended one of Michael’s events and I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the content, as well as the event experience. He taught me how it’s possible to win in both business and life, without having to sacrifice your family in the process. This episode is PACKED with value as we cover a variety of golden nuggets throughout.
Michael Hyatt is the former chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, and now a bestselling author, speaker, and successful entrepreneur. He serves as an influential voice on the topics of leadership, business growth, goal-setting, and productivity. In fact, his business was recently added to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the third year in a row.
P.S. – If you’re a meeting planner (or someone who plans to run events in the future) I URGE you to download a free gift Michael Hyatt created called, “Exceed Expectations with Every Event”. You can download it by clicking here.
We also cover:
- How Michael overcame stage fright – and how you can too!
- The “hustle fallacy,” and how working fewer hours with 100 vacation days led to a 62% growth in his company.
- The Relentless Wow: How to create a jaw-dropping event experience that exceeds expectations.
- The Double Win!
- Escape from the “road warrior” speaker trap and have MORE impact, while traveling less.
- The speakers who had the biggest influence on Michael (including the best speaker he’s ever seen)!
- The best “up & coming” speakers Michael has observed.
- Why live events will NOT stop being effective – no matter how much technology advances.
- The EXACT Affirmations Michael does before getting on stage.
- Speak Boldly Video Training: Pete’s Step-by-Step Framework to Get Over Stage Fright & Speak with Confidence.
- Speak Boldly Framework PDF Download: Convenient PDF to help you anytime you start getting nervous!.
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!