John Ruhlin: The ROI of Gifting Small gestures with big impact
Welcome, John Ruhlin, Inside the Greenroom!
John’s unique approach to relationships led him to become the #1 salesman for a $250 Million direct sales company by the time he was 23 (out of 1.5 million reps). He now helps CEOs and sales teams drive referrals and open doors to elusive decision-makers through gifting – small gestures that make a BIG impact.
In this episode, we discuss the best practices for creating wins for both the meeting planner and the speaker. John Ruhlin, not only produces his events but is also a featured keynote speaker at other major events, commanding fees of $25,000 domestically to over $50,000 internationally! We also discuss prospecting strategies, bartering fees, building relationships with clients, and small “ninja tips” that ultimately make a big difference.
John Ruhlin is the founder of the Ruhlin Group, a gift logistics company that helps clients like the Chicago Bulls, Wells Fargo, Caesars Entertainment, the Miami Dolphins, Morgan Stanley, and The John Maxwell Company execute year-round gifting strategies.
P.S. – Want a free copy of John’s AMAZING Giftology book? Tell us what your dream stage is!
Simply go to Advance Your Reach’s Facebook Page, tag me @PeteVargas and say “Pete, I heard you on John Ruhlin’s podcast and my dream stage is ___.” We’re going to give away a FREE copy of Giftology for the first 10 people who tag me and share their dream stage. I’ve given away hundreds of copies of this book before, and I want to give away 10 more, because it’s just that amazing!
We also cover:
- The positive traits John Ruhlin looks for in the speakers he selects for his events
- The “red flags” to look out for that cause John to say, “I never want to be part of that event again!”
- Ninja tips for meeting planners on how to serve as a “matchmaker” and be able to orchestrate a seemingly serendipitous relationship among the attendees
- Why you should never “nickel and dime” your speakers when it comes to travel fees, hotel rooms, and other types of accommodations
- How to make a lasting impression on the speakers you invite to your events (note: John admits he’d be willing to cut his speaking fee in half if meeting planners follow these principles!)
- Where the GOLDMINE is for featured speakers at events and how meeting planners can assist in facilitating the best possible results
- When you should barter your entire fee as a speaker
- How to create a “triple win” among the meeting planner, yourself, and the audience
- The “Proverbs mentality” that helped John Ruhlin command keynote fees of $25,000 domestically, and $50,000 internationally
- A lesser-known, but highly-effective place you can redirect your marketing budget to, so that you can make a HUGE impact on your clients and customers
- Packaging matters! Why John sends clients $100 books
- The percentage of revenue John invests BACK into his relationships, and how this affects his business
- And much more!
- Giftology book
- Free Resource: https://giftologygroup.com/giftologyplan/
Speakers That have Impacted John’s Life:
- Tom Searcy(Close the deal like Warren Buffet) believed in me before I believed in myself.
- Jeff Piken (who wrote the forward for giftology)
Events that have made an Impact on John’s Life:
- Advisors Excel
- Baby Bathwater
Up and Coming Events that People Need to know about:
- Genius Network
- War Room
- Mastermind Talks
Speakers That have Impacted Hals Life:
- Tony Robbins
- Brendon Burchard
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!