Inside the Greenroom With The Top Three Speak Off Winners
This week on Inside the Greenroom, we have the top three finalists from our recent Speak Off. As you know, the Speak Off looked different this year as we shifted from our annual Reach Live event, into A360i.
The stage was set, the signature talks were written, rehearsed, and ready to go, and the speakers were managing the butterflies in their stomachs in the weeks leading up to what we call “The American Idol of Speaking.”
Then, in what felt like a split second, everything changed. The Speak Off contestants went from preparing to wow a live crowd to speaking into a webcam.
These top three contests represent the best in the business. Speakers who can flip on a dime, go with the flow, and approach the stage and the screen with the same energy and passion is something we all can learn from in a digital age.
Join Blair Bryant Nichols Inside The Greenroom as he interviews Ganelle Elliott from Essentially Woman, The Founder at Extreme Martial Arts, Garrett Poole, and Grand-prize Speak Off winner and music therapist, Tim Ringgold.
Learn their secret on how they have pivoted in this time of crisis, how Pete and Pat have impacted their lives, and what you can do to be a more powerful speaker in 2020 and more.
Here’s what we cover:
- Our guests journey to becoming speakers
- The Power of community
- Using your backstory to fuel your success
- What attracted each speaker to the Speak Off
- The shifts they made to be successful during COVID
- How sharing your personality can bring people into your community
- How therapy can impact your success
- Why every successful person needs accountability
- The one thing that all three speakers did that got them in the top spot
- And much more!
Connect with Endless Events:
- Company: Sonic Recovery
- Target market: health, wellness, and recovery
- Website: www.timringgold.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: /tim.ringgold
- LinkedIn: /timringgold
- Company: Fit Feat Inc
- Website: http://www.fitfeatevents.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Company: Essentially Woman, LLC
- Website: http://ganelleelliott.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GanelleElliott/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ganelleelliott
- Gift: http://sunsetreset.com
Connect with us:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 4:22 How Ganelles journey started
- 6:45 How Tims journey started
- 9:67 How Garrett’s journey started
- 16:03 How Tim pivoted
- 20:22 The power of accountability
- 26:28 What inspired Ganelle to join the speak off
- 30:00 How Tim increased his stages during covid
- 42:40 How Garrett shifted during covid
- 51:03 The speaker that impacted our guest the most
More About Tim:
Tim Ringgold has been a board-certified music therapist in Orange County, CA since 2008, and is the author of the book, Sonic Recovery: Harness the Power of Music to Stay Sober. He has provided music therapy to thousands of teens and adults in residential treatment, and is a sought-after international speaker, having shared the stage with some of the top minds on the subject of music, the brain, and addiction. Tim was the first person to give a TEDx talk on music therapy in 2012. Tim is also a former Regional President of the American Music Therapy Association.
More About Garret:
Over the last 20 years, I have devoted my life to self-defense and training with professionals, even winning a world championship, but none of that touches my heart more than the 9,654 students I have taught in-person to date how to defend themselves. I founded “Lady In Defense” a roadmap for abused women that focuses on the whole person. Mind, Body, Heart & Spirit. Where we focus on escaping the chains of our past, healing our wounds, rediscovering who we are and finding our courage and bravery again
More about Ganelle:
Ganelle Elliott is an IT professional, speaker, and women’s empowerment coach. With a 19 year career in IT, Ganelle understands the unique challenges that professional women face when attempting to balance career aspirations with creating a fulfilling home life.
Building a successful career in a male-dominated industry held its own unique challenges. The years were full of chronic stress, fleeting confidence, and crippling fears of rejection… all exacerbated by the relentless need for perfection. After being hospitalized from spontaneous lung collapse, Ganelle needed a change. She sought out other women who could help her navigate the jungle of burnout, but that pool of mentors was completely bare. In 2014, she decided to educate herself on burnout and study personal development. After 4 years of trial and error, Ganelle finally discovered how an ambitious woman could break the vicious cycle of burnout and overwhelm.
Today, Ganelle lives burnout free with her husband and step-daughter. She has stepped into her courage and determination, faced her inner critic, and gave herself permission to live a fulfilled life. Now Ganelle is on a mission to help other professional women break free from burnout, step into their power, to live their most epic lives.