How to Create Incredible Events
For this episode, you’re joining me “Inside the Greenroom” on the road. This past week, I was at an amazing event, CADREcon in the DC area and got a chance to sit down with several of the speakers PLUS the event host, Derek Coburn. There are lots of gold nuggets in this episode – but what stands out the most is HOW to create incredible events. I was blown away with the experience Derek created at CADREcon, so we dove into how he made it happen.
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 0:28 What you're going to get from this episode
- 3:40 Welcome Derek Coburn inside the Greenroom
- 5:33 What Derek has created
- 7:05 How many members CADRE has
- 7:27 Cadre's unique membership frame-work
- 8:24 You can a local event too
- 9:34 What made Derek want to start an event
- 11:33 How Derek books the right speakers
- 13:51 What you can learn from Derek's mistakes
- 16:51 How Derek keeps diversity at CADREcon
- 19:20 What Derek looks for in speakers
- 22:12 The two types of people who run events
- 26:26 How Derek lands the best speakers for a great price
- 26:37 The speaker who has impacted Derek the most
- 29:31 Derek's favorite up-and-coming speakers
- 31:22 Why Derek believes live events are still important
- 33:16 Derek's favorite greenroom memory
- 35:05 Derek's final thoughts
- 37:18 Backstage at CADREcon
- 37:36 Interview with Sam Horn
- 40:54 Interview with Re Perez
- 47:31 Interview with Angelique Rewers
- 52:44 My take-away's from CADREcon
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!