How Dave Ramsey’s Team Fills High-Ticket Events
Welcome, Daniel Tardy from Ramsey Solutions, Inside the Greenroom!
When Daniel started with his position at Ramsey Solutions, his primary task was to fill Dave Ramsey’s event within 90 days. After cold calling and working long hours, he sold out the event and hasn’t looked back! He has served as the company’s Executive Vice President, Board Member, and Meeting Planner for Dave Ramsey’s live events over the past 15 years.
In this episode, we dig into the nitty-gritty details of what it takes to both FILL and RUN a world-class event – creating an experience that leaves people enthusiastically wanting to come back again and again, year after year. We cover multiple subjects in this episode : the internal mindset you must have before you start, how to establish a community, reduce buyer’s remorse, run a yearly event, and create a WOW experience every time.
For the speakers listening, Daniel covers how he and the team go about selecting a speaker, and what you should bring to the table if you’re not a “big name.”
We also cover:
- How Daniel filled Dave Ramsey’s very first event within a 90-day timeline (this was a “do or die” situation as his compensation was tied to filling those seats!)
- Learn the key questions to answer before you start an event (or a business)
- Where to look when it comes to finding motivated staff to fill your events
- How to get attendees to say “I’m going to trust you with this money to come to this conference”
- The level of service you should provide to sell high-ticket events (starting price of $2,000!)
- The “special touches” that enhance the attendees’ experience from the moment someone signs up to the start of the event
- Isolation is the enemy! How to “manufacture” experiences so attendees interact with each other & build relationships
- What attendees truly value at live events (note: this ISN’T the information they learn)
- The dangers of having a “template” when running yearly events
- The process Daniel goes through to filter & find high quality speakers for Dave Ramsey’s live events
- When audience surveys can backfire as a feedback mechanism for your events
- And much, much more!
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!