Chris Ducker: How to sell out your event with 1 email
Connect with us!
Welcome, Chris Ducker from the UK, Inside the Greenroom!
In this episode, we take a deep dive into running your own event! How do you not only bring that event from big dream to reality, but also create an AMAZING experience for your attendees!?
Chris has been hosting events since 2011, and has been able to consistently sell out his own events by sending out just ONE email to his list, which is unheard of to me. Make sure you listen to hear his secret. We don’t stop there! We talk music, scripting your event, implementing skits, minor touches you can add for your audience, and much more!
What if you just want to BE on an international stage? Chris reveals the best practices for Americans, and locals who wants to speak on stages in the United Kingdom, as well as how you can get his attention and ultimately land his stage.
Chris Ducker is a serial entrepreneur, mentor, investor, Founder of Youpreneur, and Host of the Youpreneur Summit. As the author of The Rise of the Youpreneur, he helps people shift their mindsets, cultivate great reputations, and truly serve the people who need them. Chris is also a popular international keynote speaker, business blogger, and podcaster.
Learn the secrets behind:
- Utilizing music to orchestrate audience behavior at your events
- The power in scripting your event to the exact minute
- Speaking Etiquette on-stage in the UK versus the US – really!
- Creating that “wow” factor at the very START of your event, and you’ll never guess what it is!
- How to WIN his stage!
- Making sure the meeting planner not only asks you to come back the next year but recommends you to every other meeting planner they know! Best practices to follow as a speaker (note: these are extremely important – meeting planners HATE the feeling of being “duped” by speakers they allowed on their stage)
- Timing your event ticket sales for the BEST registration numbers
- The “little touches” you can add to your event that makes a BIG difference in the attendee experience
- Marketing tricks for an event page that’s currently sold out
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 0:02What to expect today!
- 2:16Welcome Chris to the greenroom
- 2:65Get to know Chris
- 5:00The event that Chris runs
- 07:20How Chris landed his epic venue
- 12:55Picking the right music for your events
- 17:48The biggest difference between UK events and events in the states
- 19:29How to win over a UK crowd
- 23:16What Christ looks for in a speaker
- 25:37Being duped as an event planner
- 28:58The worst thing any speaker could do
- 31:32How to get on Chris's radar
- 35:07How one email sold out Chris's event
- 38:25The speakers who have impacted Chris the most
- 39:00Up and coming speakers you should know about
- 40:00Why are live events still important
- 41:05 Chris's favorite moment inside a greenroom
- 43:23 My biggest takeaways
Connect with Chris Duck:
REACH Live Meeting Planner Track – get ALL the details here.
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!