Bari Baumgardner: “The Art of Why – How Strategy Can Make or Break Your Event”
Welcome, Bari Baumgardner, Inside the Greenroom!
I am so excited to bring to you, Bari’s 4-Part “Strategy First” approach to running profitable live events. We talk about the key questions meeting planners must answer before even starting the initial planning of your events, AND we share how to win stages as a beginning speaker.
Bari Baumgardner is the founder and Executive Producer at SAGE Event Management, a 24-year event planning veteran, and the event-planning mastermind behind many of the industry’s most profitable live events. Her previous clients include Jeff Walker, Lisa Sasevich, Fabienne Fredrickson, Margaret Lynch, Allison Maslan, Marcia Weider, Ali Brown, Christine Kane, and has helped run OUR live events here at Advance Your Reach!
Bari is best known for coaching clients on the “how to’s” of launching a seven figure business through a single live event – but a little known fact is she enjoys watching speaker sizzle reels for sport, and takes joy in finding undiscovered speakers who will be the next “overnight success” story.
P.S. – If you’re a meeting planner or speaker who plans to run your own events, listen up! Bari included a special resource called 17 Proven Strategies To Generate Revenue From A Live Event. She usually charges for this, but as an ITG listener you’ll get access at no cost. Click here to claim the 17 ways to profit from live events!
We also cover:
- The first thing EVERYONE must establish when it comes to live events, whether you’re a meeting planner, speaker, or third-party planner for other people
- The definition of an “RFC” and the power of having one
- The 4 key things to map out prior to an event
- The key questions meeting planners should ask themselves when hiring a speaker (note: Bari also includes the key questions speakers should ask themselves to make sure they’re a good fit for an event)
- How to win stages during “off seasons” where fewer speaking opportunities are available
- Where to start for speakers who feel “no meeting planner is hiring them”
- How the highest paid speakers in the world operate on a daily basis
Speakers That have Impacted Bari’s Life:
- Bill Blazer
- Dan Kennedy
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!