Andy Mason: How YOUR Event Culture Can Create a 99% Show-Up Rate!
Connect with us!
Welcome, Andy Mason, Inside the Greenroom!
Andy runs six live events per year, and achieves something I’ve never seen or heard of in my almost two decades of being in this industry, and that is…he gets nearly 100% of his event registrations to SHOW UP to his live events!
In this episode, we dive into how he’s able to not only have an almost 0% attrition rate at his live events, but also how he gets a whopping 50% of his attendees fully registered BEFORE he even announces who the speakers are. WHAT?!?! You heard me right! We cover the ideal event “atmosphere,” the reasons why people show up in person, and how to compel them to come back year after year.
We also discuss the core values of his organization and the best practices a speaker should follow if they want to land one of Andy’s SIX yearly live stages!
Andy Mason is the Director of Heaven in Business and together with his wife, Janine, leads Dream Culture – a movement catalyzing people to discover and live their dreams. He comes from New Zealand and has over 15 years of experience helping individuals and organizations discover and align with purpose and then develop practical steps to make dreams a reality.
We also cover:
- The typical attrition rate in the events industry (note: the attrition rate is the amount of people who register for an event, but do not show up)
- How to compel people to “go out of their way” to show up to your event
- The “atmosphere” Andy creates at his events to facilitate the best attendee experience possible
- Why people really show up to live events, and come BACK year after year (hint: it’s not just about the content)
- 3 core values you must have in order to speak at Andy’s event
- Want people to open up to you as a speaker? Learn what you should make sure to implement into your talk
- And much more!
QUICK EPISODE SUMMARY:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:30 Welcome, Andy to the greenroom!
- 2:04 Why Andy does what he does
- 3:40 The events the Andy runs
- 6:27 How many people attend Andy's event
- 7:20 How Andy's event has 0% attrition
- 9:07 Eliminating distractions at your event
- 12:27 Creating an atmosphere people want to come back to
- 13:18 How Any selects speakers
- 16:03 Why Andy booked me
- 17:21 The speakers who have impacted Andy the most
- 17:50 Andy's favorite up and coming speakers
- 18:09 Why live events are important
- 18:49 Andy's favorite moment inside a greenroom
- 19:45 Final thoughts
- 20:27 My biggest takeaways
Connect with Andy Mason:
REACH Live Meeting Planner Track – get ALL the details here.
Thank you for listening! If you like this episode, I’d love for you to hang out with us each week Inside the Greenroom! Leave a review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
We want to hear from YOU! Have you been to an event that was amazing? Heard a speaker that inspired you? Know a Meeting Planner/Event Producer we should talk to? Or have a burning question you want us to ask?
CLICK HERE and we will cover it on the show!