The Creativity Leap: Unleash Curiosity, Improvisation, and Intuition with Natalie Nixon
Creativity is just connecting things – Steve Jobs.
When you look back throughout history you will find that some of the best innovators in time have used their creativity to produce new technologies and business practices that have changed the course of our world. While these feats seem near impossible, these top dogs all had one thing in common, and it’s the one essential ability that everyone has to be successful.
They leaned into their creativity. Yep, your next business solution is within YOU.
Welcome back to Inside The Greenroom! Today’s guest is creativity strategist, global keynote speaker, and author of the award-winning “The Creative Leap: Unleash Curiosity, Improvisation, and Intuition at Work,” Natalie Nixon Ph.D. Natalie is the president of Figure 8 Thinking, a company that advises leaders on transformation by applying wonder and rigor to amplify growth and business value. Natalie talks about her journey and how she began connecting the internal business systems with the creativity she strengthened in studying fashion and design.
Listen in as Natalie talks about how she went from academic teaching to speaking professionally, her method of trying out ideas in front of audiences, and even how she connects with her audience now to help her continue to grow. You’ll learn why it is vital for businesses to foster creativity, how that changes the culture within the workplace, and why being creative is not just for artists. You will also hear Natalie give some incredible tips on how you can start looking at projects differently and some possible upcoming business trends you won’t want to miss!
This episode is jam-packed with great information and insight that will help you not only grow your business but thrive no matter what your situation is.
For more resources or to connect with Natalie, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- How Natalie began professionally speaking
- Using speaking to prototype your ideas
- How your audience’s questions can help you grow
- Why creativity is needed for strategy in business
- Finding genuine feedback from your audience
- What facilitating can do for you speaking
- The importance of leaders modeling curiosity
- Breaking through the stereotype of creativity to be more innovative
- Understanding the rigor that comes with creativity
- The moment Natalie had to pivot and innovate her book launch
- Tips to help you start thinking in a different way
- Business trends to look out for
- And much more!
Connect with Natalie:
Connect with Blair:
Connect with us:
Book Speakers for your next event! We are the only agency where you can book free and paid speakers, with no bureau commissions!
Learn More https://elitespeakersagency.com/
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:28 Welcome Inside The Greenroom!
- 1:12 How Natalie and Blair met
- 1:57 Natalie’s professional background and how she got here
- 10:04 How Natalie brings art and design into her speaking
- 16:16 Mindset shifts around design and creativity
- 26:38 What the next generation wants in workplace
- 30:50 The process that led to Natalie’s book
- 39:45 Launching a book in the midst of a pandemic
- 49:03 Closing thoughts and encouragement
More About Natalie:
Natalie Nixon, Ph.D. is a creativity strategist, global keynote speaker, and author of the award-winning “The Creative Leap: Unleash Curiosity, Improvisation, and Intuition at Work.” As president of Figure 8 Thinking, LLC she advises leaders on transformation by applying wonder and rigor to amplify growth and business value. Download your free sample chapter of The Creativity Leap here: bit.ly/tclfree