Think Unbroken: ending generational trauma with Michael Anthony
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. – George Bernard Shaw
Welcome back to Inside The Greenroom, we have a fantastic guest today founder and owner of Think Unbroken, and author of popular book “Think Unbroken: Understanding And Overcoming Childhood Trauma” Michael Anthony. Michael has overcome immense amounts of childhood abuse from his mother, stepfather, and grandmother, pushed past addiction, unhealthy weights, and broken through countless damaging mindsets to be where he is today. He is passionate about helping adults overcome their own childhood trauma to live a life that is successful and free.
Join us as we talk about how Michael began his journey of self-healing that started with acknowledging the trauma he’s been through and how he reversed engineered his mountain and found the very first step that changed the course of his life. You’ll learn how he pushed through the challenges and hardships of digging deep within to find that his number one fan needed to be himself and how honoring who he wanted to be was a pivotal step that kept him on track.
As entrepreneurs, speakers, and event planners we know that some of the best in our industry are self-taught learners, and we believe Michael is a great example of the capability of what we as humans can do. Michael talks about the importance of asking for help, why you should get used to being uncomfortable, and why the people who follow you may be the most important people in your business.
We have an open discussion about bringing value to everyone you possibly can and working within your own values and morals to not only honor yourself but align you with the exact people you need to meet that will accelerate you and your business.
This episode is jam-packed with deep and thought-provoking conversation that will have you reevaluating every situation for upgrades. To get in contact with Michael or to follow his journey check out the links below and if you’re wanting to be a part of an opportunity to flex your speaking skills check out our Advanced 360 Challenge coming up soon!
Here’s what we cover:
- How child abuse may impact your adult life
- The importance of acknowledging past trauma
- Finding the first step you need to take through reverse engineering
- Honoring the person you think you are
- Pushing through uncomfortableness to grow exponentially
- Why you should stop being afraid to ask for help
- The reason most people don’t start towards their goals
- Why you should always go first
- How people fail with new attempts
- Clearly defining your morals and values to KNOW where you’re going
- Creating value for those around you for the sake of bringing value
- And much more!
Connect with Michael:
- Website: http://www.thinkunbroken.com/
- Website Mentioned: www.healtraumacoach.com
- Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Michaelunbroken
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/michaelunbroken
- Insta: https://www.instagram.com/michaelunbroken
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC95YX4cZdz39HHIaLZYFsGA
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/traumasurvivormentorandcoach/
Advanced 360 Link:
Connect with us:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/advanceyourreach
- Website: Insidethegreenroompodcast.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Speakers for your next event! We are the only agency where you can book free and paid speakers, no bureau comissions!
Learn More https://elitespeakersagency.com/
Influential Speakers in Courtney’s life:
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Anthony Trucks
- Tom Bilyeu
- Brendan Burchard
- Mel Robbins
Episode Minute By Minute:
More About Michael:
Michael was born to a hyper-abusive drug addict mother who cut his finger off at 4 years old, a step-father you pray you never have, and a racist grandmother that pushed him into an identity crisis. By the time he was 9, his family was in poverty and often homeless all while being a member of the Mormon Church. At twelve, he was adopted by his grandmother and quickly turned to drugs and alcohol to survive the continuing abuse. Despite multiple learning disabilities and not graduating high school on time, Michael found success in Corporate America in his early twenties. However, success only made things worse. Michael found himself morbidly obese, high and drunk daily, and ultimately self-sabotaging everything around him. it was not until finding his inner power through his Mirror Moment and choosing to do whatever it took to work through childhood trauma that his life really began.
Michael Anthony is the author of the best-selling book Think Unbroken and is a coach, mentor, and educator for adult survivors of child abuse. Michael spends his time helping other survivors get out of
“The Vortex” to become the hero of their own story and take their like back. Michael hosts the Michael Unbroken podcast, teaches at Think Unbroken Academy, and is on a mission to create change in the world.