Captivating Your Audience No Matter The Medium with Liz Brunner
Welcome back to Inside the Greenroom, today we have the pleasure of talking to the CEO and Founder of Brunner Communications Liz Brunner.
Liz has been in media and communications for more than 30 years, she uses her experience, expertise, and leadership to help high-profile individuals and organizations create meaningful reputations and powerful brand identities within their market. We talk about the importance of the speaker’s voice, and how exercising it is key to being able to command a room. Whether you are on stage or speaking virtually your vocal technique is one of the most important tools you can use to captivate and engage your audience.
You’ll learn Liz’s top tips and tricks on how to keep the energy consistent and interesting, the importance of taking care of yourself emotionally, and even how to juggle a presentation with a slide deck. You’ll gain insight into how you can create engaging content no matter if it’s 60 minutes or a 1-minute presentation. You can increase your speaking presence, storytelling, and gain insight on how to answer some of the most difficult questions.
You will not want to miss this opportunity for a free upgrade in your speaking, and overall stage presence. For more resources check out Liz’s “How To Be A Rockstar Public Speaker Course” in the links below.
Here’s what we cover:
- The importance of treating your voice as an instrument
- Why you should focus on correct breathing
- Vocal variety and how it can help your speaking
- How to use tools while also maintaining energy in your voice
- The importance of practicing your session
- Liz’s tips on raising your energy while sounding natural
- How to use slide decks successfully
- Practice your session out loud
- The 4 C’s Liz gives to be successful
- The difference between memorizing and being knowledgable
- Why you should practice backward
- How to bridge difficult questions and get back to your content
- What not to do when upgrading your vocal technique
- The power of the pause
- And much more!
Connect with Liz:
- Website: https://lizbrunner.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLizBrunner
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LizBrunner
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lizbrunner/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/liz-brunner-6230b01b/
- How To Be A Public Speaker Course: BrunnerAcademy.com
Connect with us:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/advanceyourreach
- Website: advanceyourreach.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Speakers for your next event! We are the only agency where you can book free and paid speakers, no bureau commissions!
Influential Speakers in Liz’s life:
- Oprah Winfrey
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:30 Welcome Liz
- 1:58 Liz’ journey to entrepreneurship
- 6:10 The performance side of speaking
- 8:44 The art of breathing
- 12:46 Using your voice in drive engagement
- 17:14 You have to know your content
- 21:54 How Liz preps for her own speeches
- 28:32 Liz’ groundbreaking framework
- 32:54 How Liz helps her clients prepare for all types of media
- 42:20 Liz’ favorites moment inside a greenroom
- 43:40 What is on the horizon for Liz
More About Liz:
Liz Brunner is the CEO and founder of Brunner Communications. Leveraging more than 30years of media and communications experience, expertise, and leadership, Brunner is sought by high-profile individuals and organizations to build meaningful reputations and powerful brand identities within their markets. She is also a frequent speaker at corporate conventions, including the 2018 Barron’s Women Summit and the 2018CoreNet Global Summit.
In February 2020, Liz launched her podcast, Live Your Best Life with LizBrunner, where she shares stories of recreation. All of her guests have taken their life experiences, the good and the bad, the successes and even the failures, and used that knowledge to not only create their“next chapters,” but to inspire others as well.