Get Started and Get Booked as a Speaker in 2021 with Grant Baldwin
Give a big warm welcome to owner, speaker, and coach at The Speaker lab, Grant Baldwin Inside The Greenroom!
Today we are taking time to serve our listeners who are new to the speaking game. Or, as we like to call you, “the best-kept secret.”
It is crazy to say that we are wrapping up the first month of 2021. It has been a wild and unpredictable year already… Despite the ever-changing world around us, we believe that there are a few things you can still predict in this life.
One of them is your success as a speaker.
In this episode, Grant gives some incredible insight into how you can practically upgrade your speaking career behind the scenes, establishing yourself as an expert in your niche and create a foundation that will set you up for long term success.
Learn about the S.P.E.A.K. method, what event and meeting planners are looking for, the two questions every audience wants answered, and how you can start making money with every gig.
Of course, we didn’t forget about our event and Meeting Planners! Hear Grant’s best advice on working with speakers and how you can take your event to the next level!
Jump into 2021 with the confidence you need! Listen now.
Here’s what we cover:
- How customizing your speaking career can open doors
- The method that helps Grant’s clients start speaking professionally
- How Grant pivoted AND helped his clients pivot during the pandemic
- Why you should establish yourself as the expert
- Building a foundation that books you gigs
- How to acquire paid speaking gigs
- How to establish yourself as the expert
- The two questions every audience wants to know
- Why you should have a professional-grade website
- How you can create the Demo video that’s right for YOU
- When you should speak for free
- How to know when to scale your business
- How the industry has changed since 2020
- The most important thing you can do as a meeting planner
- And much more!
Connect with Grant:
- Website: thespeakerlab.com
- Podcast: The Speakers lab Podcast
- Calculator: myspeakerfee.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grantbaldwin
- Insta: https://www.instagram.com/getpaidtospeak/?hl=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grant-baldwin-641a03105/
- Company Name: The Speaker Lab
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/thespeakerlab
Connect with us:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/advanceyourreach
- Website: advanceyourreach.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Influential Speakers in Kathryn and Michael’s life:
- Josh Shipp
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:27 Episode starts
- 0:55 Welcome Grant
- 1:19 How Grant got started in the speaking industry
- 5:40 A look inside Grant’s speaker framework
- 13:54 Putting in the reps to nail your speech
- 15:47 So what, now what?
- 19:13 The importance of having a good website
- 25:57 Key mistake to avoid when making your sizzle reel
- 28:15 Tips on every speaking gig
- 32:32 Grants best advice for scaling
- 36:08 The “best” speaking style
- 38:16 Get paid what your worth on virtual stages
- 44:47 The importance of building relationships as a speaker
- 47:51 We are all figuring it out right now
- 51:13 The speakers who have impacted Grant’s life the mos
More About Grant:
Grant Baldwin is the author of “The Successful Speaker” and founder of TheSpeakerLab.com, a training company for public speakers. He is also the creator and host of The Speaker Lab podcast and has coached thousands of speakers. He has been regularly featured in the national media included Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur and the Huffington Post. He lives near Nashville, Tennessee with his wife and three daughters.